Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Heard of Eyelash extensions, BUT have you heard of Eyelash Perming?

If you are Asian, then you would understand what I mean when I say, Asian lashes tends to grow downwards instead of up. As a result you end up having to use an eyelash curler to curl the lashes as well waterproof mascara as opposed to regular mascara to maintain the curl.

I heard about eyelash perming via Youtube and I was very intrigued, so I started searching for a local place that offered eyelash perming.  It didn't take long before I found Ocean Wave - Eyelash Perming that is located close by. Trish at Ocean Wave was lovely and she did an amazing job with my lashes.

I decided to try this out since I was going away to Costa Rica and many of the my booked activities in Costa Rica involved water, I didn't want to bother with wearing too much makeup there, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to try this out, curling my lashes is a simple, quick yet effective way to open up my eyes and make it look more awake and defined . Below is a picture of before and after, what do you think?

How long did it last?

I was told one month if I wore mascara daily, but longer if I didn't. It's been about 6 weeks now, I wore mascara occasionally and the perm maintained fairly well. New eyelashes that grow out since the perm are of course growing straight down, but there aren't too many new eyelashes, so the overall look of the lashes is still fairly curly.

How long did it take?

The whole procedure took about 1 hour, my eyes were closed the whole time and it was very relaxing, I think I fell asleep during it.

Would I do it again?

Yes, I would definitely do it again especially before going away on vacation.

Til the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment