In the past few months, I have been exploring more natural skincare care products like coconut oil, baking soda and products formulated for sensitive skin since I'm currently pregnant, I love the results as well as the cost savings, so I decided to share my routine on a blog post. It is probably helpful to state that I have combination skin that's not acne prone.
Let's get to it!
- Rinse with water
- Apply Olay Essentials Beauty Fluid for sensitive skin - 100% frangrance free. Purchased from Walmart
- Apply Biore Sarasara UV perfect milk waterproof sunscreen SPF 50+++. Purchase Sasa in HK
- Remove makeup with Ponds Cleansing oil purchased from Sasa in HK. Most of the Asian cleansing oils works the same and are all pretty good. It's oily when applied dry to the face and after massaging it in for about 30s it removes all makeup including waterproof eye makeup. However, once it's in contact with water it dissolves and washes off without any oil residue on the face. It is my favourite way to remove makeup.
- Apply Cetaphil Moisturzing Cream, purchased from Walmart.
- If my skin feels extra dry I add a few drops of Organic Coconut oil into the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream purchased from my local grocery store, any brand will do
I try to do the following once a week and considers this my relaxing "me time" ritual.
- Cleanse face with Ponds Cleansing oil
- Scrub face with 1 tbsp of Baking Soda mixed with water (add enough water to form a thick paste), scrub your face gently for about 1 minute with the paste
- Using Coconut oil to massage my face with the Japanese Facial Massage Technique by following this video, I absolutely love doing this massage, it reduces swelling/puffiness and brings a rosy glow to my complexion.
I also use Coconut oil as a
- Hair mask - leave in for about 30 minutes and shampoo/condition as normal
- Cuticle cream for nails
- Lip balm