Friday, September 24, 2010

Show and Tell - MAC NEW Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara and What I do to create full and lush lashes

Lately I've been getting a lot of people asking me if I'm wearing false eyelashes at work. Seriously? Does anyone wear false eyelashes to work? Especially when work means wearing ugly hospital scrubs and bright yellow Crocs for me.

So I would kindly smile and explain, NO, they are not false eyelashes, its just this new mascara. IT IS the HAUTE & NAUGHTY LASH mascara by MAC.

WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT MAC HAUTE & NAUGHTY LASH MASCARA?

It is a 2 in 1 mascara.

If you look at the picture, you will see that it is one tube of mascara but it has 2 mascara wands. You can use twist up the pink wand for a light application or twist up the pink wand and the purple wand together for a dramatic application.

I have what some would say typical Asian lashes. I'm not blessed with thick, full and lush lashes that fan upwards. My Chinese lashes grows downwards, many of you who are Asian might know what I mean by this.

From my own experience I've discovered a few tricks and products that work well for me.

  1. My favorite eyelash curler is Shu Uemura eyelash curler, the curvature of the lash curler seem to work best for Asian lashes.
  2. Always use a WATERPROOF mascara as your base for any other mascara. WATERPROOF mascaras help hold the shape or your curled lashes. Maybelline makes several really good drugstore mascaras. My favorite one is KISS ME Heroine make LONG AND CURL mascara from Asia. You can get this at Pacific Mall in Toronto or Ebay.
  3. To create even more dramatic look. Use a eyelash primer right after curling your lashes. I would recommend Curl Curl Curl Towards the sky by Majolica Majorca from Asia. You can get this at Pacific Mall or Ebay as well.
  4. After primer and waterproof mascara, build on top with your favorite mascara - my current favorite is MAC Haute & Naughty Lash mascara

To demonstrate, here's some pictures:

BARE LASHES - Curled with Shu Uemura

Primer on the Left eye only and Waterproof mascara on the right eye

Primer + Waterproof mascara on the left and only Waterproof mascara on the right. See how the primer is working already and making the lashes on the left fuller and longer?

Now with that as your base, apply another coat of MAC Haute and Naughty with the dramatic wand. See what happens!

Do you see the effect?

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and found it useful.

Thanks for reading

Til the Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment