Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seriously Waterproof Eyeshadow - Makeup Forever Aqua Creams

Make Up For Ever(MUFE) founder Dany Sanz has spent most of her career developing products to meet the high-performance needs of show-business clients. Think Moulin Rouge show girls that perform shows back to back, their makeup must endure heat, sweat, and it must be intensely pigmented to be visible to an live audience. I’ve always loved MUFE for their long lasting products and vivid colour selection.

They have done it again with a recent launch of Aqua Creams.

What it is:
An ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream.

What it does:
These little pots of wonder are highly pigmented creams for eyes, lips, face and body. They are designed to be waterproof and is made for extreme conditions, think synchronized swimmers. Once they dry and set, they are waterproof, transfer-proof, and crease-proof. Basically, they’re going to stay on until you use an oil based cleanser to remove them.

Some of the colours are designated “lips and cheeks”; the rest are designated “eyes and cheeks.” They can be applied individually, mixed together, or used under powder (or lipgloss).

How I like them:

I’ve purchased Shade 1 and Shade 15. I’ve gotten samples of some of the blush/lip shades. It’s not a lie that these are waterproof, I’ve tested this by splashing water on them. I’m pretty certain you can take a dip in the pool and still have perfect shadow after.

The eye shadows that I purchased stayed on all day without an eyeshadow base even though I have fairly oily lids.

In general they dry fairly quickly compared to other cream based shadows/blushes I’ve tried in the past, so you must work quickly to blend the colours. The formula for some of the colours do run drier than others, so test out the colours first if you can.

They are $22 each and can be purchased at Sephora.

These are swatches of the shades I purchased:


This is a super natural look I created with Shade 15



Here's a slightly heavier look with Shade 15 as a base and the Urban Decay Naked Palette:






Thanks for reading

Til the Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment