Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bags Bags Bags and oh Jewelery by MY FAVOURITE TORONTO DESIGNER JENNY BIRD. Please support your local Designer!

Follow my blog with bloglovin
Its all about Jenny Bird! I love her stuff. She is a Toronto-based bag and jewelery designer that has been gaining press in the international fashion scene. Her designs have been seen on Gossip Girl (xoxo) and worn by fashionistas such as The City's Whitney Port. Just recently her creations have been purchased by the high-end Canadian department store Holt Renfrew and the premier online shopping boutique Shopbop.com.

In my opinion, I would describe her designs as modern chic with a vintage twist.

It is actually interesting how I met her. My husband and I bought a pair of stadium lights on craigslist for our new loft about a year ago(love craigslist) and we arranged to pick these lights up in person. The sellers of these lights were Jenny and her husband, we got chatting and she told me about her designs. I went on her website shortly after and rest was history.

These are the first two bags I purchase from her: The Deco Shoulder Bag and The Black Signature Leather Clutch (The clutch has attachable chains that turns it into a shoulder bag). I don't think these bags are available anymore.




Vintage Chainstrap Clutch



This bag was spotted on Whitney Port at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Miami. I love how you can slide your hand into the gold chain strap detailing.


Leather and Chain Lariat

Every time I wear the leather and chain lariat, someone always asks me where I got it from. It is one of those pieces that goes with everything, and adds a little something extra to a simple outfit.




Cobra Lariat and Serpent necklace worn together


My favourite earrings from her(from left to right): Shoulder Sweepers, St Regis Door Knockers and gold glam petal earrings


Her website is: http://jennybird.myshopify.com/

Thanks for reading, til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment